Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Kris always does a good job of taking the time to do fun things with the kids. Just this weekend he was able to take Elliott and a friend to the rec for some basketball, and he and Elliott worked on the Jeep. I know that the kids really appreciate all he does with them. And Matigan loves the praise he gives her. She will often tell me - "Daddy said I look pretty," or "Daddy said he likes it when I . . . " I am so glad I married someone who is not only perfect for me, but is such a great dad!


My dad and I have grown even closer as I've gotten older. It is so nice to live so close to him because not only has our relationship grown, but he also shares a special bond with the kids. Matigan seriously believes she is a princess (at least in Grandpa's eys) because "Grandpa Duerksen tells me I am every time I see him." Elliott knows Grandpa is will always be there to give advice and praise him in whatever it is he is doing. I admire my dad so much because of his genuine heart. He always tries to do right by people even when they have treated him poorly. He cares deeply for his family, and we love him so much for that.


So, Happy Fathers Day Dad. Hope you are enjoying your Zwieback.

These were my gift to my dad this year. For anyone who hasn't had them, they are delicious. My grandma Duerksen used to make a batch every Saturday for the upcoming week. They were/are a staple in any good Mennonite diet.

1 comment:

M, K, and E said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing!


About Me

Wife of Kris, Mom of Elliott & Matigan, Speech-Language Pathologist