Monday, July 20, 2009

This last weekend, we met Kris' parents at the lake. They brought along their sailboat and Folbot (a mix between a kayak and canoe). While we did manage to get the sailboat going for a while, there just wasn't enough wind to keep it really going. I was in charge of operating the jib.


We then gave the other boat a try. Elliott loved paddling and was wishing there was more time to fish from the boat.

Three Generations of Kobiskie's
Of course we had to play in the sand some.

Then there was fishing! Matigan was the only one to catch a fish. The funny thing was she hollered "Mom I need some help." (It was her first cast.) I said "Great what are you stuck on?" She says, "I think it's a fish." I was skeptical and said "Alright I'll be there in a minute," and finished reeling my line in. I was very surprised when I took over and discovered that she really did have a fish! She was so proud of herself - Elliott was very disappointed he didn't catch one.


We ended a great day with a beautiful sunset!

1 comment:

M, K, and E said...

Looks like you had a little more success than our last boat adventure as a family! Wish we could have been there! Congrats to Matigan on catching the fish!


About Me

Wife of Kris, Mom of Elliott & Matigan, Speech-Language Pathologist