I love my husband for many reasons, but one is that he is as spontaneous as I am. We are always ready to drop everything and change our plans. After spending last week at the lake, Kris found out he was going to be able to swing a couple of days off from work, so he says "Get everything ready and lets go to Branson." So we spent Sunday and Monday at Silver Dollar City, White Water, and Celebration City - we packed 4 days worth of activities into 2! Needless to say we were exhausted and are still trying to recover.
I know a lot of people don't like Branson because it is so touristy, but we went there a lot when I was a kid, and I still love it. Matigan was only 3 months old the last time we were there, so it has been about 4 years since our last visit, and we enjoyed riding all the old rides and the new ones.
Kris said I have permanently traumatized our kids - I was so excited that Matigan was tall enough to ride most of the rides that I failed to really consider whether or not she would enjoy it. One of the first rides was the PowderKeg at SDC - a really fast (65 mph) roller coaster with lots of drops. I thought it was really fun, but the kids didn't feel the same way. They were scared to ride anything after that, but I did convince them to ride everything at least once. They found that they really enjoyed a lot of the rides and each had their favorites which we tried to ride more than once.
We are all excited to go back again! I don't have my picutres from SDC because I took a disposable camera in case I lost it, and I haven't had the pics developed yet.



No comments:
Post a Comment