Saturday, July 21, 2007

It's Over!

We/I made it through our busiest week of the summer! Basketball camp went well. I will have at least thirteen freshmen girls this year with a possibility of adding 2-3 more that weren't at camp. It will be my largest group yet. That's great for scrimmaging though - last year I only had 9 and it was a little difficult. However, trying to get that many girls into a game is difficult, especially if it's a close one. Camp makes me feel really excited about the season.



One more week of swimming lessons. Both kids are really enjoying themselves and learning something new everyday. Why is it that they seem to trust the instructors more than their parents? They will try and do things there that I've been trying to get them to do, but wouldn't. Elliott is swimming on his back, and Matigan is going underwater and kinda swimming in water where she can't touch (more of a dog paddle at this point - but still very brave!). I'm hoping they both pass or there will be serious disappointment!



Vacation bible school was a hit! The kids had fun, made a lot of crafts which are all over our house (yeah!), and we got to end the week with a program, ice cream social, and swim party last night. One of those things where you are glad you did it, but are glad it's over and only happens once a year. The theme was Noah and the flood, so we got to revive an old favorite of mine from VBS - the Floody song. It was fun to see my kids enjoying a song that I remember from my childhood.

Kris playing a game with the kids.




The final program - Elliott is in the back
with an orange t-shirt. Mattie is up front
with the pink dress that is falling down -
next to her is my nephew - Kaleb.


Now to enjoy what is left of summer. Less than a month and it will be over. The older I get, the faster it seems to go. I honestly don't know how people work year round. I have gotten very spoiled with having summers off. I love it!

No comments:


About Me

Wife of Kris, Mom of Elliott & Matigan, Speech-Language Pathologist