Thursday, February 5, 2009

Starting a Tradition

Are your kids like mine? Do they love breakfast more than any other meal - it is the one meal where I rarely get complaints about what we are eating. Therefore, it isn't unusual for us to have a bowl of cereal or pancakes for our dinner. I do have to admit that I also enjoy the breakfast for dinner as we frequently did this when I was a child. But . . .I do feel guilty that this isn't the best meal, so I decided to at least make it a little more special. How do you ask? Well first I think it will be a weekly "Thursday night Breakfast night." Then, we will eat out at the dining room table - maybe even with candles and grape juice in fancy glasses. Hopefully, the kids will remember these evenings as something special rather than just their mom not feeling like spending a whole evening cooking a meal.

The kids loved it! They are excited for the next Breakfast Night. Matigan's friend even got to join us last night.

Pancakes with whip cream and strawberries - yum!


Elliott's pancake snowman.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like fun, maybe we'll have to try it too!

the Dunlaps said...

Breakfast for dinner is a common occurrence in our household. Maybe we'll try moving it to the dinning room table next time. By the way... it's OK to tell the kids that they are having breakfast leftovers for dinner..aka...cereal! HA!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea....it definitely seems to be Em's favorite meal too! Love you guys!


About Me

Wife of Kris, Mom of Elliott & Matigan, Speech-Language Pathologist