Saturday, June 16, 2007

Garage Sale

The past two days have been filled with - Garage Sale!! I told someone that I was just going to start throwing things aways as having a garage sale is so much more work than you think it will be. I don't mind sitting during the actual sale. I hate the pricing, setting up, and cleaning up afterwards. Especially the cleaning up afterwards. I mean obviously you have decided you don't need the stuff - that's why you're selling it, but then there is that stuff that is left that you just feel so guilty about throwing away. Right now I have several things on my front yard with a FREE sign by them just hoping that when I wake up in the morning it will all be gone!! The kids were pretty good throughout - although I know it was a boring time for them - but having them there only adds to the stress level as they find all these "treasures" and plead for you to keep them because it is now something that they are going to wear or use. I think we have about 5 items that are now back in the house - ugh!! In the end though, it is worth the extra money - can't wait to go garage saling (?) myself next week - it's much better to be the one searching for the treasure than the one hoping that someone else will think your stuff is the treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.


About Me

Wife of Kris, Mom of Elliott & Matigan, Speech-Language Pathologist